- 350g carrots grated (3 medium sized carrots)
- 3 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tins of drained chickpeas (or 480g drained weight)
- A few small sprigs of of parsley (or use dried)
- 5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cornish sea salt
- Grate the carrots.
- Peel and finely crush the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Blend all ingredients together with a food processor or a blender. You may need to stop the processor several times and scrape down the sides. Blend until the mixture sticks together. Some chunks are fine, as long as it all holds together when you press into a patty shape.
- Divide into about 10. Form into patty shapes about 1.5cm (half an inch) high.
- Grill (broil) under a medium temperature for approximately 10 minutes on each side. That should be enough to heat them through thoroughly and give each side a nice, toasty tan. Be careful when you turn them over, they are a little fragile until crisped off on both side…
- Enjoy with tahini sauce.
Thank you to Trinity Bourne at Trinity’s Kitchen for this fabulous recipe! Please see her website here www.trinityskitchen.com
* All the ingredients listed above can be found in our Falmouth store.