At The Natural Store we love the challenge of awakening taste buds to new combinations of ingredients and flavours.
This celeriac creation is perfect for October’s unpredictable weather, its delicious served chilled outside, or heated, indoors.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil
- 900gr (2lbs) celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.75 litres (3 pints) chicken stock
- Juice 1 lime
- 2.5cm (1”) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp lemon thyme, freshly chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
- 75gr (3oz) creamed coconut block
To Garnish: 4 spring onions, chopped
Method: Heat the oil and cook the celeriac gently in a covered saucepan for 10 minutes, without colouring. Add the stock, lime juice, ginger, lemon thyme, chopped chilli and coriander stems. Bring to the boil and simmer covered, for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Remove from the heat and add the creamed coconut. Cool a little, then puree in a liquidiser until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Reheat gently, stir in most of the chopped coriander leaves and serve the soup sprinkled with the remaining herbs and spring onions.